Sunday, March 21, 2010

Ducklings and Friends

This was an extremely fun and hard photo shoot at the same time.  I had been living in Tampa Florida for a few months and just about every weekend I would walk to a pond near my apartment and feed the animals.  One weekend I noticed these ducklings and wanted to have some fun with them.  What I did was position food near the rubber duckies and hope the ducklings would wonder by.  To my amazement not only did they stop to take the food but also to take a closer look at their yellow little friends =)

This was also the first time I used my new Canon D60, so it took some getting used to.

The difficulty in taking this type of picture is not just focus and depth of field but also the shutter speed to make sure the shot is still sharp with the proper lighting.

Another funny story from this day is that one duckling was holding on to a large piece of bread and a seagull came by and grabbed the bread but the duckling was still holding on to it also, so I had to chase the seagull till it let go of the bread so I could catch the Duckling.  I have to admit I wanted to take the duckling home =)

To see more pictures  of animals please check out my web site http://www.nematolah.com/Photography/Misc/

No comments:

Post a Comment